Alright, here it is. V3. Renaming this Project to “Tornado”, you can find it on thingiverse as “MPCNC Primo Tornado – Z Independent Dust Collection“
I’m feeling really good about the current status of this project!
- Sliders now hold the M3 Square nut in place, it will no longer fall out the back of the slider.
- Sliders now have a slot for adjustment if the heated inserts are not perfect.
- I designed up some thumbscrews as seen in the photos (gray circles). A dab of superglue and press into place, may even need to tap with a hammer to get it to set it right.
- There are two sizes, the smaller ones on the arms to help clear the trucks, larger ones for the sliders for easy removal.
Condensed Shoe V3:
- I was running into issues when using endmills with a smaller stick out where the shoe collided with the inner DW660 mount. This redesign chops a good portion of the shoe off to clear the inner DW660 mount.
- This noticeably does not pick up as much dust as the V2 shoe, however, it does a fair job.
- Shoe V1: Biggest, has the largest surface area for vacuuming.
- Condensed Shoe V2: More compact than the Shoe V1, allows homing of X Y axis after end stop adjustment. (Endmills with >1″ stick out)
- Condensed Shoe V3: Even more compact than Condensed Shoe V2. (Endmills with <1″ stick out)
I have been switching between V2 and V3 shoe depending on what endmill I am using.
The STEP file is included in Thingiverse for modification / addons as you see fit. As always, I just ask that you post it as a remix on Thingiverse.